~Day of Defeat 1.3 Realism and TPG Comrads~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Day of Defeat 1.3 Realism and TPG Comrads~

~||f i v e O' 5 t h||~

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Savage
Need Improvement

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Ever since Steam decided that they were going to move shit around in order to "make it more streamlined", I haven't been able to play 1.3 or any hl.exe based games for more than 20 minutes without them going kaboom.

After about ~20 minutes (or a map change) I CTD with the error saying AppHangB1. If I try to start the game again, I hard-crash and the BSoD tells me something like 'tried to reinitialize seized gpu but failed'.

I honestly think it's something with OpenGL. I can run modern games just fine, but this (ever since they moved shit) has been crashing without fail. It runs just fine in software mode, and I used to have D3D as an option but that magically disappeared too.

I'm doing a complete uninstall/reinstall right now, I certainly hope it works. Otherwise, I'm going to need some help in figuring out just WTF is wrong and how to un-fuck my game so I can play again.
Back to top Go down
Foshey
Kick Ass Member

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Well Savage first of all they converted and moved files around in order to keep it running smooth. Second didnt you say your video card was shot, Question does it crash playing more advanced games?
I know I heard you say you deleted some files or something, Now the dod arent the same so dont move or delete any. I would check your video card and mabe replace it. Its probably getting hot. If it runs more advanced games then its your integrity of file locations which you can check in dod/right click/properties/advanced and click check integrity of files for cosistancy and or defrag files. Whatever you do dont move files. If you reinstall and it does the same then it is your video card. Also the control panel is a little different in options, you should check the box in video settings to accomodate older video cards. That helps a little.

This reminds me of boceks every 3 min crash Lol lOl....
Back to top Go down
https://505threalism.forumotion.com
Savage
Need Improvement

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

I did a complete uninstall of DoD and HL1 (GoldSrc engine bases games off hl.exe, thought that might've been the problem). I know better than to move stuff, btw.
Reinstalled. Checked the integrity of everything, all fine. Still occurring.
Cleaned my internals out, greased up the fans, everything.
Yes, I can play modern games without a hitch.
Back to top Go down
Foshey
Kick Ass Member

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Did you tweak your processors at all? If so that may do it. But still try switching out video card.
Back to top Go down
https://505threalism.forumotion.com
Savage
Need Improvement

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:30 pm

I haven't touched my processor. Have you suggestions on how to do so?
Buying a new video card at this stage entails me also buying a new mobo- I'm still running ancient DDR2 stuff and NIB DDR2 GPUs are sometimes more expensive than DDR3 stuff is.

I'm gonna keep hammering on figuring out what the deal is, but until I get it solved, I really can't play.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Need Improvement

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 pm

So I did some digging. Apparently, with the 'conversion', Valve (in their infinite fucking wisdom) got rid of DirectX support for all the GoldSrc games (HL, DoD, CS 1.6) meaning no more Direct3D capabilities. Which is what I used. OpenGL, for whatever reason, decides that making giant gaping leaks in my memory is fun and shreds my RAM to pieces while playing any GoldSrc game now.

What I must now attempt to do is find a .dll file for OpenGL that makes it play nice.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Need Improvement

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Alright, I shot Steam support a ticket. Hopefully I hear back from them soon with a useful response, because I need to throw grenades at you fools.
Back to top Go down
Helfert
Kick Ass Member

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:15 pm

And throw you shall, just dont forget to prime Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game problems   Game problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Day of Defeat 1.3 Realism and TPG Comrads~ :: ~General Pub Area~ :: ~DoD 1.3 Realism General Chat~-
Jump to: